Items posted here refer to local issues, Police information received, and any other relevant information.
19 March 2018Councillor Vacancy
Following the retirement of Phil Beal in December, the Parish Council has a vacancy and are seeking to co-opt a new councillor.
In order to join a Parish Council, you must be:
- a British subject, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union and
- On a "relevant date" be 18 years or over (ie the day of which you are nominated if there is a poll the day of the election)
- on the "relevant day" a local government elector for the council area for which you want to stand or
- having during the whole of the 12 months preceding that day, occupied as owner or tenant, any land or other premises in the council area or
- having during that same period had your principle or only place of work in the council area or
- during that 12 month period, resided in the local area
If you wish to know more, please contact Dawn (Clerk) or attend the next meeting of the Parish Council which is on 10 April and begins at 7pm.