06 June 2019Audit Info and public rights to inspect Parish Council Accounts
The basic financial infomation sent to the auditor is available in the documents section of this site
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement_____6th June 2019________(a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b_Louise Pringle, clerk, Heddon on the Wall Parish Council by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01661 854583_
commencing on (c) __Monday 17 June 2019 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 26 July 2019 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Louise Pringle RFO and clerk
04 June 2019Heddon Local History Society - Monday 10th June
Heddon Local History Society - Monday 10th June
Talk by Revd. Christopher Wardale
What am I looking at? What do I see? Visual evidence for local history research.
Heddon Methodist Church, 7:30pm
24 May 2019Do not use the Climbing Frame Welfare Field
Large modern Climbing Frame Welfare Field.
Do not use this piece of equipment
The part of the frame called the giro is very loose. This has been inspected by the company who supplied it but as it requires new parts to be fitted they are unable to fix it until next week. There are notices on the equipment advising people not to use it. Please be extra vigilant of your children in the Field. Thank you