Get your free website from Spanglefish

07 October 2019History Society Meeting

18 September 2019Land south of Selman Park Planning update

Heddon Juniors Football Club applied for a change of use on the land south of Selman Park. Heddon Parish Council objected on the grounds of road safety for the users of the Sports Field, East Heddon Road and general users i.e. Horse riders and walkers from the village (for further details please see the public statement published on 29/06/2019 and objection notes shown on the Parish Council website). 


Some new information came to light regarding ownership of some of the land on 12th September 2019 and was passed immediately to the County Council planners. It is not the duty of the Parish Council to inform anyone of land ownership.

The County Council Planning Committee met on Monday 16th September and this application was scheduled to be discussed. A Parish Councillor and a resident were there to attend the meeting. Before the meeting started the representatives were advised that this application was withdrawn by the County Council until further investigation into land ownership has taken place.  

The Parish Council await any new application and the decision of the planners at Northumberland County Council.

The original of this document can be found in the Document Library as public statement 5

05 September 2019Resurfacing work Towne Gate

The resurfacing work will take place within the section from the Junction of Towne Gate with Heddon Banks to Hexham Road past the Roman wall.

Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme Order valid 07/09/2019 to 07/01/2019 Expected work dates 07/10/2019 to 11/10/2019 between the hours of 07:30 and 17:00. Residents, Businesses and Emergency services have access. Cyclists to use diversion.

Map data © Google Terms of Use

28 August 2019Licenses required for private water supplies i.e bore holes, rivers etc.

Do you have a Private Water Supply?     
If you do not get your water from Northumbrian or Hartlepool Water and are using over 20 cubic meters per day for any purpose, you may now require an Environment Agency Water Resources Licence. Shared abstractions also require licensing if the combined peak daily water use exceeds the 20 cubic metres threshold. 
Applying for a licence as a previously exempt abstraction will ensure your rights as a protected water user and help to protect longevity of supply. There is a two year period to apply for a licence which started on 1 January 2018 and will end on 31 December 2019. You must apply before October 2019 to ensure your application is processed before the deadline. 
If you believe that you will now require a licence, please go to www.gov.uk and search for ‘previously exempt’. This will take you to our application forms and guidance. 
If you have any enquiries regarding the application process or would like some help completing the required forms we have a support hotline. You can arrange a free appointment with this service by calling the Permitting and Support Centre within our National Customer Contact Centre on 03708 506 506 and asking for advice on ‘New Authorisations’.  
There is additional information about the previously exempt activities and applying for a licence at: https://consult.environmentagency.gov.uk/environment-and-business/removing-previouslyexempt-abstraction-activities/

View All Stories

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement