LORD PIRBRIGHT'S HALL
The Green, Pirbright, Woking GU24 0JE
Lord Pirbright built the Hall in 1899, when it was opened by Princess Christian, and he donated it to the Parish in 1901 to commemorate the accession of King Edward VII. It is managed by four members of Pirbright Parish Council, which is the trustee of the charity Lord Pirbright's Hall and Recreation Ground.
Lord Pirbright's Hall has two areas that may be hired for functions and large meetings separately or together with/out kitchen:
- The main hall, with stage, will hold 100-120 people seated at tables, 160 people for a dance or 150 seated in rows for a stage performance.
- The Clubroom will hold up to 60 people seated in rows or 50-55 at tables.
- Kitchen, with cooker, fridge, dishwasher and plate warmer.
- There is a choice of round or oblong tables with chairs and basic crockery all included in the hire charge.
- Both Halls are accessible for wheel-chair users and there is a disabled cloakroom.
To hire Lord Pirbright's Hall, contact the Clerk on 01483 476432 or email on email@example.com
To obtain details click on these links:
This form is also available on request from the Clerk in MS Word.
Please note that reservations cannot be confirmed until your booking deposit has been received & acknowledged.
The price chart shows different prices for use of the kitchen, depending on the level of use - making tea and coffee would be considered light use, while serving a meal at a function would usually constitute full use. Please note that light use of the kitchen may be shared with other Hall users.
Because of the sharp increases in cost, expenditure on gas now forms a higher proportion of Lord Pirbright Hall’s annual budget. Traditionally the hourly hiring rate has been the same throughout the year but this means that users in the summer are in fact subsidising the heating for winter users.
Therefore a winter surcharge of 50p per hour for the Committee Room, 75p per hour for the Clubroom and £1.00 for the main hall, is applied between 1 November and 30 April, to be shown as a surcharge on invoices. It is not be subject to the parish discount.
The Hall is licensed for the performance of plays & music.
Lord Pirbright's Hall is a registered charity (200200) administered by its managing trustees, Pirbright Parish Council.