Login

LORD PIRBRIGHT'S HALL

The Green, Pirbright, Woking GU24 0JE

Lord Pirbright built the Hall in 1899, when it was opened by Princess Christian, and he donated it to the Parish in 1901 to commemorate the accession of King Edward VII.  It is managed by four members of Pirbright Parish Council, which is the trustee of the charity Lord Pirbright's Hall and Recreation Ground.


Lord Pirbright's Hall has two areas that may be hired for functions and large meetings separately or together with/out kitchen:

  • The main hall, with stage, will hold 100-120 people seated at tables or 160 people for a dance or seated in rows for a stage performance.
  • The Clubroom will hold up to 60 people seated at tables.
  • Kitchen, with cooker, fridge, dishwasher and plate warmer.
  • There is a choice of round or oblong tables with chairs and basic crockery all included in the hire charge.
  • Both Halls are accessible for wheel-chair users and there is a disabled cloakroom.

 


To hire Lord Pirbright's Hall, contact the Parish Clerk on 01483 476432 or email on pirbrightparishcouncil@yahoo.co.uk  

To obtain details click on these links:

Hall Hire Charges, January 2017

LPH_FAQ.pdf 

The price chart shows different prices for use of the kitchen, depending on the level of use - making tea and coffee would be considered light use, while serving a meal at a function would usually constitute full use. Please note that light use of the kitchen may be shared with other Hall users. 


Because of the sharp increases in cost, expenditure on gas now forms a higher proportion of Lord Pirbright Hall’s annual budget. Traditionally the hourly hiring rate has been the same throughout the year but this means that users in the summer are in fact subsidising the heating for winter users.

Therefore a winter surcharge of 25p per hour for the Committee Room,  50p per hour for the Clubroom and 75p for the main hall, is applied between 1 November and 30 April, to be shown as a surcharge on invoices. It is not be subject to the parish discount.


The Hall is licensed for the performance of plays & music.


Lord Pirbright's Hall is a registered charity (200200) administered by its managing trustees, Pirbright Parish Council.  

Lord Pirbright's Hall, west side. The terrace was laid to commemorate the centenary of the Parish Council in 1995.
Lord Pirbright's Hall, west side. The terrace was laid to commemorate the centenary of the Parish Council in 1995.
Lord Pirbright's Hall, north side and main entrance
Lord Pirbright's Hall, north side and main entrance
Lord Pirbright's children's playground
Lord Pirbright's children's playground
Lord Pirbright's children's playground
Lord Pirbright's children's playground
Lord Pirbright's Hall interior
Lord Pirbright's Hall interior
The main hall set up for a wedding
Lord Pirbright's Hall
Lord Pirbright's Hall
Another wedding set up
The Little Girl Statue
The Little Girl Statue
Lord Pirbright donated the statue and drinking fountain to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.
Lord Pirbright's Hall, south end with the village sign
Pirbright residents at the Diamond Lunch, part of the Parish Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Click for Map