Walton Parish Council is a consultee on planning applications within the parish. All applications are considered at open meetings of the parish, the agendas of which can be found on the council information page of this website.
You are more than welcome to attend these meetings and submit your opinions - or you can email or write to the parish council or contact us via this website if you prefer.
There is/are currently [ 3] application[s] due to be considered at the November 2017 PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Proposed demolition of existing buildings, construction of 21 houses with associated gardens, parking & road. - Site North Of Purseys Garage Main Street Walton Street BA16 9QA
Ref. No: 2017/2763/FUL | Received date: Mon 16 Oct 2017 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application
Demolition of existing skittle alley building, to be replaced with new car park, erection of a side extension to the main pub to incorporate a replacement skittle alley, extension, and change of use from field of curtilage to the rear to provide additional car parking (19 spaces) and outdoor seating. - The Royal Oak 27 Main Street Walton Street BA16 9QG
Ref. No: 2017/2744/FUL | Received date: Fri 13 Oct 2017 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application
Erection of five dwellings (one detached and two pairs of semi-detached) within the existing car park of the site - The Royal Oak 27 Main Street Walton Street BA16 9QG
Ref. No: 2017/2745/FUL | Received date: Fri 13 Oct 2017 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application
Documents for all applications can be viewed online at the Mendip District Council Website, [click on this link: http://www.mendip.gov.uk/mendipplanning and use the application number shown above ] you can make an appointment with the parish clerk Helen, to view a copy - they will also be available at the Walton parish council meeting at which they are to be considered.
If you wish to express a comment about a planning application you can do so in the following ways:
- Write to Mendip District Council: Mendip District Council Planning, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 5BT
- Respond directly online:Via the mendip district council website www.mendip.gov.uk following the links to planning.
- Email to Mendip Distric Council: email@example.com
- Write or email the Parish Council: Walton Parish Council Clerk, 21 Bere Lane Somerset BA6 8BT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Parish Council Meeting at which the application will be discussed: Look at the agenda which will be available at least three days in advance of the meeting on all village notice boards and this web site.
N.B. you must include the planning application number on any correspondance to Mendip - this will be on any notices about the application, but it can also be obtained by contacting the Walton Parish Clerk - 01458 833483 / 07399040667