If you have an item of parish news that you would like to see on this page please email it to :
18 March 2019Parish Council Elections
The elections will take place on Thursday the 2nd May 2019. Applications to stand as an Ansford Parish Councillor must be delivered by 4pm on the 03rd April 2019.
For a nomination pack please contact the Ansford Parish clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible you must be:
* A UK citizen or qualifying Commonwealth or EU citizen.
* 18 years of age and:
* Is and continues to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
* Has during the whole of the 12 months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area: or
* Her or his principal place of work during that 12 months has been in that area; or
* Has during the whole of those 12 months resided in that area or within three miles of it.
26 February 2019Clanville B3153 Traffic Incident Reporting
B3153 Traffic Reports
The B3153 Traffic Management Group is composed of Councillor representatives from Castle Cary Town Council (Sally Snook), Ansford Parish Council (Alan Gibbons) , Carymoor Parish Council (Jim Shannon & Martin Roberts) and Lydford-on-Fosse Parish Council (Tim Evans).
The Group was formed in response to ongoing concerns about traffic volumes and speeds on the local road network. We meet every three months to consider ways of reducing problems, specifically on the B3153 (from the A371 to Lydford A37 traffic lights)
We know of several 'unreported' accidents or 'near misses', along with other incidents, on the road that don't get logged in official police records. In order to collate these for further research and information, we'd like local residents to send any incident details (from the beginning of 2018 if you can remember them) to us.
Please go to http://www.castle-cary.co.uk/b3153-traffic-reports/ for further details and the email address to send reports.
26 February 2019Next Ansford Parish Council Meeting
The next Ansford Parish Council meeting will take place on the 13th March 2019 commencing at 19:30 in the Betty Churchouse Room at Caryford Hall, Ansford. All residents are welcome to attend.