General Information
The next parish council meeting is on . Please feel free to attend. It starts at about 19:30 in the Village Hall and goes on no later than 21:30. Public participation in the meeting is welcomed and will take place towards the end of the meeting. The whole meeting is open to the public and all the previous meeting minutes are available for download from the website here.

The next village hall meeting is on . The meeting starts at 19:00 and finishes around 20:30. Feel free to go along if you want to get involved.




Linked here is the notice of the annual audit for Arncott Parish Council


Arncott MotoX Inquiry Decision Notice
We have been asked a number of times for information regarding the inquiry decision on Arncott MotoX. Please click here for details and / or check out the Motox folder in the Library section.


Woodpiece Road Car Park construction
Please click here to go to the Library and select "other" to view the associated documents


Village News
The Parish Matters magazine is delivered (almost) every month. If you don't receive a copy, please let us know. Refer to the Library section for previous issues of the magazine. If you wish to put a news item in the magazine then please email to arncottvhmc@gmail.com


Village Hall
If you'd like to help, please contact us here.


Village Shop
Don't forget to make use of the shop in Arncott. Village shops are dying out as they struggle to compete against the supermarkets. Use it or lose it! There are loads of offers available there and as Tom once said to me, "If you can't find it, ask me and I'll find it. If I haven't got it, I'll get it". Can't say fairer than that!! If you want to contact the shop, then call 01869 388223 and speak to them. Here is their hygiene rating from the Scores on the Doors website in case you were wondering.



03 April 2018Potholes

As you're all no doubt aware, the problem of potholes is getting worse. The problem isn't just in our village. It is country wide. That said, any potholes that are seen by us, are reported to Fix My Street. We report them as we find them. If you find a pothole, PLEASE REPORT IT. Don't rely on someone else doing it because if you know about it, it doesn't mean that we do. If it has already been reported, report it again. The more the better. Please sign up for an account with Fix My Street. You don't have to but it makes it easier for you to track you're own reports. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will get fixed. What happens is that someone from the Highways department at Oxfordshire County Council comes out to assess the hole. If they deem that it falls within their intervention criteria, they will mark the hole and appoint someone to come and fix it.

The recent problems with these fixes is that they are not staying in the holes. They break up, or fall out completely. This is as frustrating for you as it is for us. Formal complaints from the parish council, and from local district councillors have been made about the number of holes and the quality of the, so-called "fixes".

There is a particularly dangerous hole at the moment as you leave the village towards Murcott, on the level crossing. This hole is huge and deep, so be careful. The problem with this hole is that the level crossing does not belong to Oxfordshire County Council, so therefore they will not fix problems with it. It is owned and managed by the MOD. We hope that the county council forward reports of problems to the MOD when they are reported, but this doesn't seem to happen, which means that problems like these need reporting to the MOD directly. The parish council does have a contact with the MOD, so in situations like this, please contact us, and we will contact the MOD for you.

In addition to potholes, Fix My Street can be used to report plenty of other issues. When you click on the button to report a problem, you find the spot on the map and click it and then choose the problem from a drop down list. When you have put in some information (photographs are particularly helpful as well), you submit it and it will go to the relevant department with the proper council based on where it is on the map that you chose. You can come back about 5 - 10 minutes later and you will see that your report has been updated to say that it has been reported to the council in question, and it will have a reference number.

View All Stories

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy