Burials or plot reservations can be arranged by contacting Georgie Blomley or the clerk.
Charges for 1 double plot are £350 for Forest Hill residents and £400 for non-residents.
Charges for a plot for interment of ashes are £175 for Forest Hill residents and £200 for non-residents.
The Cemetery is a public space which means it is available for all to visit. It is a place of remembrance, peace and quiet reflection.
The following rules and conditions were agreed by Forest Hill with Shotover Parish Council.
1. No memorials to be erected without prior notification to the Parish Council from the Funeral Directors
2. Memorial to be erected only when EXCLUSIVE RIGHT OF BURIAL has been purchased. This is the legal way by which a family acquires 'ownership' of a grave or ashes plot.
3. The size of Headstone: No more than 39 inches including Base.
4. Within the areas of the Cemetery in current use there is no choice of position. The Council will allocate the next available plot. Unless reserved or bought in advance.
5. Inscriptions on memorials to face east.
6. A flower vase may be incorporated in the memorial. This must not be made of glass or any other breakable material.
7. Tributes left at the time of the interment will be permitted to remain for one calendar month.
8. No kerbs or edging of any description to be placed on or around the grave space.
9. The Parish Council reserves the right to remove any vases, receptacles or edging which do not conform to the cemetery regulations.
10. All headstones, memorials and vases must be maintained, cared for or kept in a state of tidiness or good repair by the person erecting or placing the same.
11. Families are encouraged to look after the graves and memorials. Because the Cemetery is an open public space, the Council cannot be held responsible for any damage or theft from graves, memorials or tributes.
12. All grass cuttings and dead flowers must be put into the far corner of the Cemetery adjacent to field and wall.
13. The Parish Council are responsible for the gates, shed, grass mowing on unused grave areas and hedge adjacent to top field.
14. Dogs are permitted to visit if kept on a lead and under control. All fouling to be cleaned up.