NEXT ALLOTMENTS WORKING GROUP MEETING
Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 7.00 p.m.
This meeting will be held in accordance with the regulations in place which make special provision to enable meetings to be held remotely by video conferencing [Zoom] but the business of any virtual meeting is restricted to the absolute minimum for discussing matters that require a formal decision. The agenda will be published below and on the main notice board in the parish, and available before the meeting by contacting the Parish Clerk.
The Allotments Working Group oversees the general management and maintenance of the overall allotment area and its tenants on behalf of the Parish Council and the group reports periodically to the Council. Meetings take place four times per year (in March/June/September/December), and usually on the second Wednesday of the month at 7.00 p.m.
ALLOTMENTS: COVID-19 EMERGENCY MEASURES
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT that anyone attending the allotments takes care to stay the appropriate distance from others, avoid body contact and wash hands at taps, do not wash hands or use detergents in the water tanks.
It is essential that no un-authorised people are allowed onto the plots for the duration of this emergency. The Parish Council's policy is that the security barrier at the allotment site must be locked at all times as people go in and out to help prevent unauthorised access.
Any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should NOT be visiting the site.
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and after closing any gate locks
- Wash hands when you get home
- Do NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart
- Observe “social distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other, for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
- It is recommended that any communal facilities are closed.
Bonfires - consider neighbours and do not burn anything during this covid-19 emergency. The site is surrounded by houses where vulnerable people may be getting their only bit of fresh air through an open window.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ALLOTMENT
If you would like to be added to the allotment waiting list, or require any information regarding the allotments, please contact the Parish Clerk who is the designated Allotments Officer - email: firstname.lastname@example.org