New skills, new experiences, a new outlook.
As a Volunteer Police Cadet, you will have the opportunity to build your life skills, take part in new challenges and open yourself up to brand new life experiences. During the three year scheme, you will work alongside Northumbria Police Officers within your local community, assist with major North East events and promote policing among other your people.
How do I apply?
The Volunteer Police Cadet scheme is advertised on the Northumbria Police Force website: http://careers.northumbria.police.uk/cadets.html Northumbria Police are recruiting within Northumbria Police Force area. You must live within the force area because you will be involved with your local community. Applications open in each school year (October) and new intakes begin in January. Applications are open to year 10 students who will be aged 15 on or before 31 August 2018.
Do you want to experience what it's like to be a police officer, gain a Duke of Edinburgh award, challenge yourself to try new experiences and meet new people and develop new skills?
Police Cadets is a four year scheme for young people across the force area.
The scheme is led by officers, staff and volunteers from Northumbria Police.
You can apply to become a Volunteer Police Cadet now if you meet the below criteria:
· You need to be in the school year 10 -
(Aged 15 at the start of the course or turning 15 on or before 31st August 2018)
· Live in the Northumbria Police force area
· Have resided in the UK for a minimum of three years
Reasons to be a Cadet...
As well as having fun, the volunteer police cadet scheme is great to be involved with for many reasons:
You’ll take part in loads of different activities which include:
· Conducting a night shift patrol
· Take part in crime prevention initiatives
· Experience all sorts of areas of police work
· Take part in on-line meetings and surveys
· Help police community events (e.g. Sunderland Airshow, Newcastle Mela, Northumberland County Fairs)
This is an opportunity to:
· Develop your prospects for the future by gaining new skills and experience
· Get involved with your local community and have the opportunities to make a real difference
· Build your strength and courage to become the person you never thought you’d be
Volunteer Police Cadets meet once a week during school term time starting in January 2018 – normally on a mid-week night – with possible additional dates for special events and trips. Each week you’ll be trained in a different subject. Your training will also include police topics, sport, and Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions. After completing your induction training you’ll attend a special Attestation evening where you will take the Cadet Oath in front of your family and friends.
Why not give it a go...?
If you have any questions please contact the Customer Service Helpline (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) on 0191 2219111.
Northumbria Police fully supports a policy of equal opportunities and welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability or age.