st tudy annual parish meeting 2019


European Parliamentary Election for the South West Region – 23 May 2019 . STATEMENT OF PARTIES AND INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES NOMINATED

Recording of Parish Meetings

In response to the 2017 Data Protection Act, St Tudy Parish Council are developing a policy regarding the recording of meetings. The draft document for consideration at the meeting of 31.01.18 is available as a .pdf download here: St Tudy Draft Policy for the recording of parish council meetings.

Cornwall Cruse Helpline

The Cornwall Cruse Helpline 01726 76100 is currently open for 3 hours a day 5 days a week.  When you call the Helpline you will go straight through to the Volunteer on duty (unless the Volunteer is on another call) or you will hear a message when the next Volunteer is available.

The Cruse National Helpline offering a listening ear and emotional support to anyone who has lost someone they love, or been affected by a bereavement is available on Freephone 0808 808 1677 . All calls to these helplines are answered by trained Cruse volunteers.

If you need to speak to someone urgently the Samaritans are available day and night on Freephone 116 123


What does your Parish Council do?

Parish councils have a variety of powers and duties, all of which impact directly on the community.

· Allotments
· Burial Grounds, Cemeteries, Churchyards and Crematoria
· Bus Shelters
· Bye-laws – the power to make bye-laws concerning: baths and washhouses (swimming pools), cycle parks, mortuaries and pleasure grounds
· Clocks – public clocks can be provided and must be maintained
· Community Centres, Conference Centres, Halls, Public Buildings
· Drainage – of ditches and ponds
· Entertainment and the Arts
· Footpaths
· General Spending – parish councils can spend a limited amount of money on anything they deem of benefit to the community that is not covered by the other specific responsibilities described in this list
· Gifts – parish councils may accept gifts
· Highways – lighting, parking places, right to enter into discussions about new roads and road widening, consent of parish council required for diversion or discontinuation of highway, traffic signs and other notices, tree planting and verge maintenance
· Land – acquisition and sale of
· Legal proceedings – power to prosecute and defend any legal proceedings in the interests of the community, power to take part in any public enquiry
· Litter – provision of litter-bins and support for any anti-litter campaigns
· Planning – parish councils must be notified of, and display for residents, any planning applications for the area. Any comments submitted to the planning authority by the parish council must be taken into account
· Postal and Telecommunication Facilities – power to pay a public telecommunications operator any loss sustained in providing services in that area
· Public conveniences – provision and maintenance of public toilets
· Recreation – provision of recreation grounds, public walkways, pleasure grounds, open spaces, village greens, gymnasiums, playing fields, holiday camps and boating ponds
· Rights of Way – footpath and bridleway maintenance
· Seats (public)
· Signs – danger signs, place names and bus stops signs
· Tourism – financial contributions to any local tourist organisations allowed
· Traffic Calming
· War Memorials
· Water Supply – power to utilise stream, well or spring water and to provide facilities for general use

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement