Welcome to Sutton Cheney Parish Council Website
Sutton Cheney Parish Council is the lowest tier of Government responsible for providing local services to Sutton Cheney, Dadlington and Shenton villages. We strive to make them better places to live, work and play.
Our website includes a range of information about what we do and how we work.
If you can't find the information you are looking for then please contact the Parish Clerk at email@example.com or by phoning 01455 699618.
Alternatively, please use our online contact form and we will be in contact shortly.
08 September 2020Parish Council Meeting Postponed
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Parish Council meeting scheduled for this week has been postponed.
Further details will be made available shortly.
01 September 2020Re-opening of Leicestershire County Council Operated Museum and Heritage Sites
The County Council Museum and Heritage sites of Bosworth Battlefield, 1620s House and Gardens at Donington le Heath, Melton Museum and Harborough Museum closed to the public in March 2020 in line with government advice.
From 1st July 2020 government advice changed to permit museum and heritage sites to re-open with various restrictions in place. Significant work has been underway to prepare sites to re-open to the public safely and in line with relevant guidance. This has required the installation of screens in welcome, ticket and retail spaces, clear signage, the provision of one-way systems, removal and/or adaptations to some interactive exhibits, installation of hand sanitising stations and enhanced cleaning regimes and restricting the numbers of visitors at anyone time. In line with government advice all visitors will be required to wear a face covering in our venues, unless they have a valid exemption. We will also require people to book their visit in advance through the relevant venue website. For anyone unable to book online, bookings can be taken by phone.
We are now in a position to confirm that all the County Council operated museum and heritage sites will re-open to the public week commencing 7th September.
Please note Charnwood Museum, which is run in partnership with Charnwood Borough Council, but operated by CBC re-opened on the 26th August.
All arrangements will be kept under regular review.
Details of individual site opening arrangements are as follows:
Re-opens Monday 7th September
Opening days: Sun to Weds, 10.30am to 4pm
Pre-book via www.bosworthbattlefield.org.uk
1620s House and Garden
Re-opens Thursday 10th September
Opening days: Thurs – Sun, 10.30am – 4pm
Pre-book via www.doningtonleheath.org.uk
Re-opens Thursday 10th September
Opening Days: Thurs – Sat, 10am – 4pm
Pre-book via www.meltonmuseum.org.uk
Re-opens Wednesday 9th September
Opening Days: Tues – Fri, 10am – 12pm and 2 – 4.30pm
Sat, 10am – 3.30pm
Pre-book via www.harboroughmuseum.org.uk
For further information please contact:
Franne Wills, Head of Heritage
01 September 2020Advanced Notice - Temporary restriction of Wharf Lane, Sutton Cheney (HINK0670/2020)
ADVANCE NOTICE OF A TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION ORDER.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is to be made for the following location:
Wharf Lane, Sutton Cheney (see attached plan). The purpose of the TTRO is to allow STW to facilitate a new connection.
The TTRO will incorporate a temporary road closure.
The duration of the restriction is not anticipated to exceed a period of 3 days commencing on the 1st October 2020.
Network Management Team
Leicestershire County Council Highways
05 July 2020Agenda for Parish Council Meeting Published - Thursday 9th July 2020 starting at 7:30pm on Zoom
All Members of the Parish Council are hereby summoned to attend the Parish Council meeting to be held on Thursday 9th July 2020 starting at 7:30pm. Please note that this meeting will be held online and will be available to view publicly at www.zoom.us using Meeting ID 884 0521 0398
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- To receive questions and comments from the public on items on the agenda
- To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY
- To receive declarations of interest both personal and prejudicial on items on the agenda
- PREVIOUS MINUTES
- To consider the adoption of the minutes from Parish Council Meeting held on 14th May 2020
- BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORTS
- To note report from Borough Councillor Jonathan Collett
- To note report from County Councillor Ivan Ould
- DADLINGTON NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- To note the update from the Chair of DNP Planning Group
- To consider approving DNP grant application and expression of Interest for 2020/2021
- RE-ADOPTION AND ADOPTION OF STATUTORY AND NON-STATUTORY POLICIES
- To consider a standard review date of 2 years for the following Council policies unless otherwise requested
- To consider the re-adoption of Training and Development Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Grants and Donations Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Equal Opportunities Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Allotment Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Health and Safety Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Disciplinary and Grievance Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Co-option of Councillors Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Procurement Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Staff Recruitment Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Social Media Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Data Protection Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Freedom of Information Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Data Breach Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of Subject Access Request Policy
- To consider the re-adoption of the General Privacy Notice for public and residents
- To consider the re-adoption of Privacy Notice for Staff and Councillors
- To consider the adoption of Record Management and Retention of Documents Policy
- To consider the adoption of Biodiversity Statement
- ADOPTION OF ASSET REGISTER AND RISK MANAGEMENT SCHEME
- To consider the adoption of Risk Management Scheme
- To consider the adoption of the Asset Register for 2020-2021
- S137 APPLICATION
- To consider the application our community S137 grant scheme for monies towards churchyard maintenance at St James Church, Sutton Cheney
- INSTALLATION OF BINS FOR SUTTON CHENEY VILLAGE
- To consider installing litter bins in Sutton Cheney
- REPLACEMENT OF VILLAGE ENTRANCE SIGNS
- To consider replacing the village entrances signs for Dadlington, Sutton Cheney and Shenton
- SPEED DATA FROM VEHICLE ACTIVATED SIGNS
- To note the data downloaded from the two VAS in Dadlington and Sutton Cheney
- To consider approving the financial statement for May – June
- To consider approving the budget monitoring sheet at end of Q1
- To consider approving the payment of invoices totalling £1001.90
- 20/00597/FUL - Change of use of agricultural building to holiday let (re-submission of 20/00111/FUL) Hall Farm 1 Main Street Dadlington Nuneaton Leicestershire
- 20/00560/TCA - Remove two pines, a rowan, and a laurel - the Almshouse Bosworth Road Sutton Cheney Nuneaton Leicestershire
- To consider any planning applications received since issuing of the agenda
- CLERKS REPORT
- MEMBER’S REPORTS
- To receive reports or updates from Councillors that may be of interest to the Parish Council
Members of the Public are welcome to attend the meeting, to ask questions and to comment on items within this agenda with the consent of the Chairman. In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014, photographs, audio and video recordings of the meeting and of those attending may be taken at the meeting by the press and others. You are invited to contact the Clerk of the Council if you have any questions or matters of concern that you would like the Council to address, allowing 5 clear days of the meeting date.
Signed: Dated: 5th July 2020
Sutton Cheney Parish Clerk, 10 Little Mill Close, Barlestone, CV13 0HW, Tel: 01455 699618