Welcome to Sutton Cheney Parish Council Website
Sutton Cheney Parish Council is the local authority responsible for providing local services to Sutton Cheney, Dadlington and Shenton villages and we strive to make them a better place to live, work and play.
Our website includes a range of information about how we conduct ourselves and what we do. Please use the side navigation bar to browse the site to access information.
If you can't find the information you require then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01455 699618.
Alternatively, please use our online contact form and we will be in contact shortly.
09 September 2019Parish Council Meeting - 12th September
Upcoming Parish Council meeting to be held on Thursday 12th September - supporting information to be found here
27 August 2019Proposed Dadlington Neighbourhood Plan
What’s it all about?
The opportunity for you to have your say on the sustainable future of Dadlington.
- A group of villagers, including our three parish councillors, has volunteered to contact every household and business within the Dadlington Electoral Area to ascertain views and to prepare a neighbourhood plan.
- This is a way of helping local communities to influence the planning of the area in which they live and work. The plan will be submitted through Sutton Cheney Parish Council.
- There will be the opportunity to attend open meetings later this year. You may obtain details from Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council website
- A Dadlington Neighbourhood Plan website will be set up as soon as possible. We will endeavour to keep everyone informed through the website, The Stoker, reports to the Parish Council and the village notice board.
26 August 2019Invitations for a Handyman
Sutton Cheney Parish Council are inviting quotations for handyman services in and around the villages of Dadlington, Sutton Cheney and Shenton. Tasks will include a variety of light physical duties, including the charging and relocation of three battery powered vehicle speed signs, undertaking regular inspection of community defibrillators and general ground maintenance work including maintenance of village noticeboards and Shenton war memorial.
The work would suit a local contractor or self-employed individual with the necessary skills, equipment, insurance and transport needed for the role. Work will be contracted on an ad hoc basis with an initial contract period being two years, subject to normal break clauses.
For further information on the role or to submit your quotation, please email the clerk at email@example.com. Closing date for submissions Friday 27th September.
29 July 2019Work on Rose Bank, Dadlington
There will be some landscaping works undertaken on Rose Bank, Dadlington Green for the next few days or weeks to try and improve the look of the area as well as giving better access to residents. Any questions, please get in touch.
17 July 2019Extraordinary Meeting Called
An extraordinary meeting has been called by the Chairman for Monday 22nd July starting at 7:30pm at Dadlington Village Hall. This is to discuss quotations for re-grading the area known as Rose Bank, Dadlington Village Green.
17 July 2019Quotes for Work on Dadlington Village Green
The Council are inviting quotations for the re-grading of the bank on Dadlington Village Green.
The work requires the following:
- Removal/integration of vegetation currently on site
- Disposal of approx. 200 ton of sub soil, topped with a topsoil layer to enable grass growth.
- Grading the slope into a more useable and accessible form, with a level top.
Contractors will need to present evidence of Public Liability prior to being awarded the work.
Quotes to be submitted to the Parish Clerk before 12pm Monday 22nd July.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01455 699619.
06 July 2019Agenda and Supporting Information for PC Meeting - 10th July 2019
Please come along to our Parish Council meeting on Wednesday 10th July at held at Whitemoors Antiques Centre in Shenton starting at 7:30pm.
For the agenda and supporting information, please click here
24 June 2019Funding Available
In order to recognise the invaluable work being delivered by volunteers across our Borough, funding of up to £250 is available to any group within our Parish - both constituted and non-constituted.
For further information and an application form, please click here