Welcome to Sutton Cheney Parish Council Website
Sutton Cheney Parish Council is the local authority responsible for providing local services to Sutton Cheney, Dadlington and Shenton villages. We strive to make them better places to live, work and play.
Our website includes a range of information about what we do and how we conduct our business. Please use the side navigation bar to browse the site.
If you can't find the information you are looking for then please contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01455 699618.
Alternatively, please use our online contact form and we will be in contact shortly.
23 February 2020Councillor Vacancies
08 February 2020Parish Council Meeting - 13th February - Dadlington Village Hall
In accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1972, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Sutton Cheney Parish Council will be held on Thursday 13th February 2020 starting at 7:30pm at Dadlington Village Hall, The Green, Dadlington for the purpose of transacting the business shown below:
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- To receive representation from the public on items on this agenda
- To receive apologies for absence and to consider whether to approve reasons given
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY
- To receive declarations of interest on agenda items
- PREVIOUS MINUTES
- To consider the adoption of the minutes from the Parish Council Meeting held on 22nd January 2020
- BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORTS
- To note reports from Borough Councillor Jonathan Collett
- To note reports from County Councillor Ivan Ould
- DADLINGTON NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- To resolve approving the DNP group completion of an application for grant monies pay for the production of the Parish profile and undertaking a launch and stakeholder event in the village
- To note an update from Dadlington Neighbourhood Plan group
- DEFECTIVE STREETLIGHT IN DADLINGTON
- To consider commissioning LCC to repair the defective streetlight on Hinckley Road in Dadlington by upgrading it as part of the LED upgrade scheme.
- SUTTON CHENEY ALLOTMENT
- To receive nominations to elect one member to formally represent Sutton Cheney Parish Council for Sutton Cheney Allotment group
- To consider any planning applications received since issuing of the agenda
- To consider approving the financial statement for January 2020
- To consider approving and signing of cheques
- CLERKS REPORT
- MEMBER’S REPORTS
- To receive reports or updates from Councillors that may be of interest to the Parish Council
30 January 2020Notice of Vacancy - Shenton Ward
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Sutton Cheney Parish Council in the Shenton Ward
30 January 2020Notice of Vacancy - Shenton and Dadlington Ward
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Sutton Cheney Parish Council in the Dadlington Ward.
13 January 2020Parish Council Meeting for January postponed
The Parish Council meeting has been postponed for this Thursday 16th January at Sutton Cheney Village Hall as we will not be quorate.
The revised date is likely to be Wednesday 22nd January starting at 7:30pm. Further information will be posted here once the agenda has been published.
07 January 2020Revised Parish Council Meeting Dates
In November, the Council agreed to change all Parish Council meetings to the second Thursday of each month. The new dates for upcoming Parish Council meetings are:
- Thursday 16th January starting at 7:30pm at Sutton Cheney Village Hall
- Thursday 13th February starting at 7:30pm at Dadlington Village Hall
- Thursday 12th March starting at 7:30pm at Whitemoors Antiques Centre
- Thursday 16th April starting at 7:30pm at Dadlington Village Hall (to be confirmed)
- Thursday 14th May starting at 7:30pm at Sutton Cheney Village Hall