This is the offical site of Wanborough Parish Council and is maintained by the Clerk of the Council.
Wanborough Parish Council is responsible for the secular administration of Wanborough Parish on behalf of its parishioners.
The Parish Council is often consulted by Guildford Borough Council, Surrey County Council and Central Government, as well as many other local organisations.
Wanborough Parish Council responsibilities include:
- Supervising the expenditure of the Parish Council funds and determining the Parish rate referred to as the 'precept'.
- Recommendations for local traffic and road measures including the A31 'Hogs Back'.
- Monitoring bridleways, footpaths and pavements within the Parish.
- Commenting to Guildford Borough Council Planning Dept. on applications for proposed developments and structures within the Parish.
- Reviewing consultation documents for their potential impact on the Parish.
- Monitoring crime and policing within the Parish.
- Acting as a conduit to the Borough and County Councils on matters which may affect or be of concern to the Parishioners.
- Overall responsibility as trustees to the Charity Commission for the operation and maintenance of the Village Hall, which is leased from the Church. Day to day duties for this are devolved to the Village Hall Committee.
- The Parish Council also provides 2 members to the Barn Committee.
Outline map of Wanborough Parish