Here you will find the application form for local Community organizations to apply for funding from East Ayton Parish Council - funding is only considered once a year at our November meetings (as per East Ayton Parish Council's Financial Regulations - Grants-12a).
Completed forms must be received by 31 October every year and will not be considered if received after this date - and monies are awarded at the beginning of the new financial year. (i.e. if successful, grants awarded in November will be available from April-December the following year) - any application must be completed by using an East Ayton Parish Council official funding form (available below).
Send the completed form to the Clerk of the Council (contact details here). Please enclose the latest approved statement of income and expenditure with your form.
East Ayton Parish Council Small Grants Application Guidance Notes
East Ayton Parish Council has a small budget for the awarding of grants of £2,000; Organisations are able to claim up to but no more than £500 per application and only one application per Organisation per year.
Monies awarded are expected to mainly benefit residents within the village of East Ayton.
Each application will be considered on its own merit, without prejudice. The Parish Council will also consider grants towards a Community Event or other special event as well as not-for-profit Organisations.
The following criteria apply to all applications:-
- To be eligible for a grant, applications must be on behalf of a properly constituted organization (but not a private company).
- There must be a clear link to Community objectives, and in particular local Community benefits.
- Funding applications will only be considered at one meeting per year – November.
- Application deadline will be 30 October each year.
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals or national charities unless it is for a specific project to benefit the residents of East Ayton.
- Retrospective applications will NOT be funded where expenditure has already been made, the project has already started/taken place or the event has already taken place.
How will the application be assessed?
- How well the grant meets the needs of the Community of East Ayton.
- Whether the overall costs of the project are realistic and reasonable.
- What local fundraising will take place.
- Whether match funding has been considered from other funding streams.
(These guidelines are attached to both versions of the application form)