Welcome to Brandon & Bretford Parish Council
26 January 2019
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
The Referendum version of the Neighbourhood Plan is now available. The referendum on whether to adopt the Neighbourhood Plan will be held at the elections on 2 May 2019. More information to follow.
Neighbourhood Plan Update
The Independent Examiners Report is now online.
4th September 2018
Neighbourhood Development Plan
Consultation on Brandon and Bretford Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Rugby Borough Council would like to invite representations on the Brandon and Bretford Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Brandon and Bretford Neighbourhood Development Plan was submitted to Rugby Borough Council on 5 July 2018.
In line with Regulation 16 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 Rugby Borough Council now has to publicise the plan for a period of 6 weeks and invite representations on whether the proposal meets the basic conditions that are stated in the Regulations. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations- this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)) either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
This consultation runs from 4 September 2018 until 5pm on 16 October 2018. Details of where to view the Neighbourhood Development Plan and accompanying documents along with details on how to make representations, are included within the Statement of Representation Procedure and Fact which can be found Here
All representations received will be forwarded to the Independent Examiner for consideration.
To view the policies please click here
Calor Community Fund
We have applied for a grant to refurbish and install defibrillators in the phone boxes in Brandon & Bretford. We have passed the first stage and have been accepted, it is now down to public vote as to which project get the money.
Please visit Calor community projects and vote for Brndon & Bretford Defibrillators. Voting opens 25th May and closes 29th June 2018.
End of year accounts for 2017/2018
The accounts are now Audited by PFK Littlejohn LLP
Section 1,2 & 3 can be viewed here.
Covering The villages of Brandon & Bretford in the Borough of Rugby, Warwickshire
End of Year Accounts for 2016/17 can be viewed here These are audited accounts.
To view the Govenance Statement, Accounting Statement & Internal Auditor Statement please view here
To view the notice of Public Rights please view here
Groups in the area:
Brandon, Bretford & Wolston History Group