Get your free website from Spanglefish

Financial Information

Carthorpe Parish Council is a small, rural, local authority funded by public money collected by Hambleton District Council through Council Tax.

The amount the Parish Council requests HDC to collect on it's behalf is called the "Precept". This precept is set by the Parish Council in the autumn of each year and is based on expected expenditure for the forthcoming year.

The Parish Council spends money on such things as grass cutting, salt bins, meeting room hire, insurance, remuneration for a Clerk and repairs to village assets. The Parish Council also makes small donations to local bodies. 

The Parish Council is responsible for ensuring that its business is conducted in accordance with the law and proper standards, and that public money is safeguarded and properly accounted for, and used economically, efficiently and effectively. 

This page contains links to a number of financial documents underpinning this responsibility.

The Register of Assets can be found here.

Financial Standing Orders adopted by the Parish Council can be found here.

Accounts for the period ending 31 March 2016 can be fund here.

Accounts for the period ending 31 March 2017 can be found here.



Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement