In reviewing our website, Corsenside Parish Council have sought advice from Spanglefish, our website provider, to ensure compliance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Spanglefish have informed us that they believe the site does comply with the regulations and have provided us with the following accessibility statement.
Accessibility Statement - Spanglefish
This website is built on the Spanglefish content management system. It allows normal browser control over zooming by using the Control or Command keys and plus and minus keys and can be navigated using the tab and enter keys.
The site is created in HTML5, the underlying code is valid and uncomplicated and the website should be fully accessible using screen readers.
However, every website content management system can always be improved - if you wish to make any accessibility suggestions about the underlying site structure contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Statement - Corsenside Parish Council
For many people reading a webpage is easier than downloading a file and having to open it, for this reason we have changed how we display the official parish council documents. Records from before September 2022 will remain as downloads in the Library section but moving forwards the Agendas and Minutes will be readable directly from our website.
We have the following accessibility policy:
- The Corsenside Parish Council website should not have any areas which are inaccessible to people with disabilities.
- Text should be written in as simple a way as possible whilst still conveying the correct meaning.
- Meaningful images in the text should have alternative descriptions which allow screen readers to explain what the image holds.
- Uploaded and linked documents on the site, such as PDFs should be created in an accessible way, allowing them to be read by screen readers, with the proviso that this may not be the case with older, archival material which would be prohibitively expensive or difficult to update.
- The website administrators should take care when designing the site that good levels of contrast are used between text and background colours and that alternative explanations are provided for embedded video or audio content.
If you have any comments on the accessibility of the website or would like to request content in a different form, please contact us.