SpanglefishBrinkley Village | sitemap | log in
This is a free Spanglefish 1 website.
The Community Safety Partnership has acquired funding to help target harden properties in East Cambs, focusing on the elderly and vulnerable members of our community.

The funding will provide primarily door and window security, things like: door chains, additional locking mechanisms, and door and window alarms, along with security advice to help prevent becoming a victim of crime.

If you are able to identify a property that could benefit from this funding. Please then contact the Parish Clerk either by email or telephone with the residents details.


Handyperson Services complete 'odd jobs' around the home, mainly for people aged 60 plus.

Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridge City Council, district councils in East Cambridgeshire, Fenland, Huntingdonshire and South Cambridgeshire, and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), are working together to develop a countywide Handyperson Service. To help develop this service a survey has been produced for people over 60 or with a disability, carers, professionals and organisations and groups to say what sort of handyperson service they would like to be provided. The survey is now 'open' and closing date for responses is 5.00pm on Monday 23rd June 2014.

*Individuals over 60 or with a disability and/or Carers: 

* Professionals answering as an individual or on behalf of an organisation/group:

A paper-based version of the survey is available for anyone without Internet access. A copy of this is attached: 


Copies can also be requested by contacting tel: 01223 699650.

Large print copies are available on request.


Elizabeth March Charity.

Under 18? Could you use £200?

We would love to help you, so read on…..

The Elizabeth March Charity has funds available to supportunder 18’s living in Brinkley but we need you to contact us and tell us why we should be funding your plans.   

This is how it works:

You explain what you want the money for and exactly how you intend to spend it – we need you to apply in writing but it doesn’t have to be anything complicated or fancy, we just need to understand what you have in mind and how much you want

The Trustees consider the application.  We decide whether we can support you and how much we can afford to provide – typically this is up to a maximum of £200.
We provide the fundsand you complete your project
You send us details of exactly how you spent the money – you will have to prove what you did with it!

We can look at all sorts of projects but they need to have some educational purpose.  We have helped towards a range of overseas travel projects, provided money to help buy special equipment for A-level studies and helped with the costs of attending courses and events with the Guides. If you are not sure whether your idea is suitable you can always speak to the Trustees Judith Haste, Briony Gimson, Belinda Hull and Anne Lawford) before you put anything in writing.   

We can consider applications at any time but as our resources are limited the sooner you get in touch the sooner we can let you know whether we can help.

You should send your application to:

Anne Lawford

Cricketfield Cottage

High Street


Newmarket CB8 0SF


Carer's Trust

Do you give unpaid care to a friend or family member? How can we support you to stay healthy and well? 

''Carers make a huge contribution to the health and wellbeing of the thousands of people they support. But it is equally important for carers to stay healthy and have a good quality of life themselves. Health, social care and voluntary organisations in Cambridgeshire are working together to look at what support carers need to stay healthy and well. We would like to hear from anyone who looks after family, partners or friends because they are ill, frail or have a disability (or have done this in the past).  If you can help and are happy to give your views please complete our survey in one of the following ways:”

On-line at

Call Sue Hall, Public Health at Cambridgeshire County Council on 07508 916976

For advice and support available to Carers, please call the Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Crossroads Carer Services on 0845 241 0954/01480 499090

or visit the website



 This website is administered by Brinkley Parish Council.


Site Last Updated - 08/12/2021 14:52:03
Click for MapWikanikoWork from Home
sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy