The new bin collection day calendars are now available online for the festive period and next year. To check your bin collection day and find out how these will change over Christmas, please use the Borough's online collection day finder at https://www.bedford.gov.uk/rubbish-recycling-and-waste/household-bins-and-recycling/check-bin-collection-day/
The list below will help to ensure the right items are put in the right bin.
In the orange bin:
- Plain paper, gift wrap and cards
- Cardboard packaging from deliveries and gifts
- Plastic bottles and tubs
- Plastic packaging around toys
- Plastic bags eg bread bags or those vegetables are packaged in
- Empty metal tins and cans
In the black bin:
- Glittery wrapping paper, gift bags and cards. Or you could save them to reuse next year.
- Foil or shiny wrapping paper and gift bags
- Bows and ribbons
- Plastic or glass baubles. Or save them for next year’s Christmas tree
- Polystyrene packaging or plastic strapping around larger parcels
- Food waste, unless you have a home composter
Don’t forget …
You can recycle your used batteries! Please remove them from any toys or games and put them in a small, clear plastic bag. Leave this on top of your black bin lid on your next collection day.