Our First Meeting......
The first Parish Meeting was held on 4 Dec 1894 in Wadenhoe Schoolroom.
Present were Rev.John Newby(Rector), Mr Hull, farmers John Groome & Henry Hill, & other residents including blacksmith Robert Bright Beesley, and John & Joseph Morehen.
Parish business included.......
- election of a Chairman,
- appointment of overseers of the poor,
- recommendation to justices of a new parish constable,
- discussion of the bad state of footpaths & roads,
- and, starting in 1902, appointment of managers of Wadenhoe School.
(Source: The Story of Wadenhoe, A Northamptonshire Village [Wadenhoe History Group, 1998])